How many of you persistently wear your makeup every single morning? I bet most of you wear makeup only when going out for a party or for some other special occasion. Well if that was your answer…then- it’s the wrong one! According to a new research that was published this week, wearing makeup makes women appeal more attractive, competent and trustworthy. Research’s #1 beauty tip- wear makeup! URLookingGood #1 beauty tip – adjust your makeup to the exact image you wish to create. Your #1 beauty tip – feel comfortable with whatever you’re wearing on your skin!
In the research, study participants were shown photos of women either wearing no makeup at all or wearing one of the three makeup trends- dramatic , professional or natural makeup. At first, participants had to observe images of women from different ages for 2.5 seconds. According to this short observation, participants had to rate each woman in terms of trustworthiness, likability, attractiveness and competence. In a second study, participants had to rate the women in an unlimited amount of time.
The first study showed that all ratings went up with cosmetics in all different looks. The women who wore makeup were judged as more competent, likable, attractive and trustworthy. But when the participants had the chance to examine the images for a longer period of time in the second study, their opinion had changed. When they got to the more dramatic makeup looks, people saw them as equally likable and much more attractive and competent, but less trustworthy. Dramatic makeup was no longer an advantage compared to when people saw the photos very quickly. The natural makeup look, on the contrary, showed indeed to appeal more trustworthy, competent and likable.
Well actually this study only approves the number one rule in wearing makeup- it should suit to the specific image you are trying to create.
3 Beauty Tips on makeup and your image
- Dramatic MakeUp – use that look when you know you’re going to be in a crowded place such as a party, a football game (yes…..you read it right!), an important date in a crowded place (i.e not when you’re having dinner in a fancy restaurant and some other crowded occasions. The dramatic look will help you to stand out which might be very helpful in a place full of people.
- Professional MakeUp – this look works the best at job interviews, important business meetings, presentations and when you’re going to be exposed to any kind of camera.
- Natural MakeUp – well this is the goes with everything kind of look. You can wear it to work on a daily basis, to a romantic dinner. It will even fit in a job interview and for a presentation as well. But, it’s not doing it’s job in a crowded places nor when photographed.
You can try it at home, wear each of these makeup types to work and then go to some crowded area and watch people’s reaction towards your look.
MakeUp has an impact on how people perceive us in ways beyond physical attractiveness. In situations where a person is under a high cognitive load or under time pressure, he or she is more likely to rely on automatic judgments for decision-making . In most cases, people will not get the time to get to know us by character to make a first impression. Therefore, we should be prepared and look exactly how we want to appeal in front of others.
Here’s a funny video I found online on what guys really think about us. enjoy
Incoming search terms:
Welcome to my site! I hope you'll enjoy your ride and more importantly, feel good about it ;)
Feel free to comment on whatever you wish. Don't forget to stay in touch by subscribing on the left side bar and...just for the next few days... you can also enjoy our special give away!!!
See you around,
- How to look stunning in the morning
- Deadly Ingredients in Our Soaps and Makeup
- Cute Apple Nails – the cutest nail art ever!
- Jessica Alba’s Beauty Tips
- Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal and How to Handle It
- How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
- Katy Perry Christmas Nails
- Christmas Makeup
- 3 Beauty Tips on Why to Wear MakeUp
- How To Cover Up Acne